Saturday, October 6, 2012

I wonder if anyone else hates the new Webshots, called "Smile"

I wonder if anyone else hates the new Webshots, called "Smile"?
I just posted this on the Webshots/Smile Facebook page: 
"Your new web site, Smile, is horrible! what you've done by not letting us import the captions and names of pictures, or more them in album form is a huge waster of people's time! I am livid!
I tried moving everything, it did and then it changed my desktop photo and when I tried, in my settings, to change it back to plain blue, it keeps changing it to a different motif.
Your service is too invasive. I HATE it and want my pictures off of it! I've downloaded them to my desktop and will NOT pay fro this service! I WANT out!
I belong to a group of over 1600 from all over the world and no one plans on using Smile.
I think you have miscalculated how many people will want EVERY photo from their phone, or Facebook to magically appear on your site.
I usually wish new businesses well. I hope yours fails miserably! I wish I could start a class action suit for the person/hours you have collectively wasted of former Webshots members, many of us who PAID for our membership, for the cost of the time it will take to redo all our albums, captions and titles!
And, when I tried to send you this message through your "help", it wouldn't even let me unless I read three of your answers to FAQ first! Are you kidding me? You really do not even want to hear any criticism, do you? Foolish of you, just like the entire concept of "Smile", which is just making everyone frown!"

3 comments:

  1. Good Alice! Sounds like a very big scam to me . Good for you for trying to voice your opinion. Judy in Penticton and camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE Smile! For some reason, they decided to plaster all the pro shots with a webshots watermark (webshots never had to do that so I don't buy the copyright argument).

    Switching to Smile (thinking they'd be the same thing under a different name) changed all my files to the stupid watermarked version. There "auto" wallpaper cycle doesn't do what it's supposed to and the scr*wed up my screen saver settings.

    I wrote them the following:

    This new set up is nothing like - and not as valuable to me as - Webshots. I appreciated the professional quality of the photos...WITHOUT THE WATERMARK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH...from Webshots. Your new application takes up more room, doesn't have the sophistication of the old Webshots, is intrusive, and doesn't provide the level of service, or photography to which I have become accustom.

    I've been a member for 13 years now. Unless I get something on par with what I paid for in 1999, you can count me out.

    ReplyDelete